The ‘New Way EP’ is the third release for The Dead Speaker Office, and comes from DJ & Producer, Sevenfive. Sevenfive has been circulating through the electronic music community for nearly 15 years now under different monikers, but has finally returned to his house roots to bring you a delightfully smooth collection of tracks.
‘New Way’ unwinds tribal rhythmics over textured layers and ethereal vocal cuts. An energetic 2-step rhythm with cinematic production. ‘The Control’ follows suit, using vaporous atmospheres coupled to a left field house beat. Still driven by smooth vocals, the synths intertwine to get your mind and legs ready to move!
Early support by: Teki Latex, Brodinski, Kazey, LOL Boyz, Mikix The Cat, The Cheerz & more..
The Glitch Mob recently dropped the first remix of tracks from their Drink The Sea album, Fistful of Silence (Eskmo Remix). After massive feedback from people wanting to take a crack at a remix, the Remix It Like You Stole It competition was announced. Winners will have their remix featured with more well-known names in a full release for the Fall with all proceeds benefiting a charity for Haiti.
Grab the stems and Remix It Like You Stole It for a chance to have your track featured in the upcoming Drink The Sea Remix Album and have your music promoted by The Glitch Mob.
The Glitch Mob will celebrate the release in Fall 2010 during the band’s 25+ show US tour. Proceeds from the sale of the release through Download to Donate for Haiti v2.0 will benefit Music For Relief’s Haiti Earthquake Recovery, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to providing aid to victims of natural disasters and disaster prevention.
It is, and has been, officially summer for us over here in California. Winter seemed to drag on forever, even as hints of summer tried to break through during what was supposed to be spring. It was great for everything to finally transition into the wonderful weather we’re now basting in! We had our first day party just this past weekend, and I couldn’t have enjoyed myself more! Good tunes, good friends, and great weather; which is what brings me to this next mix.
I don’t know entirely too much about Misery Peat, except for that he is from Italy and that he spins and produces some ultra groovy, garage-dubby, downtempo type electronica. This mix has some great originals, and some awesome big names scattered throughout, such as Four Tet, Caribou, Flying Lotus & J Dilla. Awesome summertime feel-good jams right here! (And yes, this whole mix is even in 320!)
1. Misery Peat – Hegemony of Idleness
2. LV & Untold – Beacon (MOUNT KIMBIE Remix)
3. James Blake – I’ll Stay
4. Andrea – Got to Forget
5. Misery Peat – Ainis
6. CRST – Turn Away
7. Ramadanman – Don’t Change For Me
8. Kavsrave – Tightly Closed
9. Joe – Level Crossing
10. Misery Peat – Allegrise
11. Four Tet – Angel Echoes (Caribou Remix)
12. Illum Sphere – Technopolis
13. Cosmin TRG – See Other People
14. Flying Lotus – Do The Astral Plane
15. J Dilla – MASH
Thats right folks, this is the 100th post! I’m not even quite sure what to do with this one. I feel like it should be some sort of ultra-mega post filled with all kinds of goodies. I’ve at least got a couple things..
First up, we have the latest mix series from Hyphidelity. Fresh Kuts IV is here with a bonus guest mixtape! These mixes are a bit different this month, exploring genres like deep house, downtempo & tech house.
Fresh Kuts IV
01. Flying Lotus – Do The Astral Plane
02. Claude VonStroke – Aundy
03. N/A featuring Rosina – Fables And Fairytales (Deniz Kurtel Remix)
04. Maetrik – So Real
05. Claude VonStroke – Who’s Afraid Of Detroit? (Audion Remix)
06. Michal Ho & Lil Dirty – Break Free
07. Tom Demac – Draw Me In
08. Oliver $ – Watcha Gonna Do?
09. Worthy – Crack El (Justin Martin’s Stoopit Crunk-ill Hyphy Mix)
10. Claude VonStroke – California
11. Lemos – Kalooo
12. Matt Tolfrey & D. Ramirez – Bounce To Me (Lauhaus Remix)
13. Matthias Meyer & Souls of Mischeif – Infinity (Hyph’d 93til’ Blend)
14. Kate Simko – Take You There (feat. Brenda D)
15. Baeka – Right At It
FKIV Guest Mix: Caley Martin
01. No Regular Play – Derecha (Gadi’s coming to get you remix) [Wolf + Lamb Music]
02. Gadi Mizrahi and Soul Clap – Beautiful thang [Double Standard]
03. Fries and Bridges – High men [Music for Freaks]
04. Tanner Ross and Sergio Santos – Sedara [Mothership]
05. Maayan Nidam – Perplexday [Freak n Chic]
06. Chris Lattner – House ya [Fear of Flying]
07. Soul Minority – Take me to the rhythmn [Maxime Records]
08. Chronic Flakes – Easy cure [Bosconi]
09. Daze Maxim – Strange things [Hello? Repeat]
10. Sascha Dive – Jus groove [Tsuba]
11. Peace Division – Gotta have you [Tsuba]
Also have some great new Tiefschwarz comin’ your way.
They’re back with their third album ‘Chocolate’, and a major leap forward for the duo: things are different now for Tiefschwarz, as this is the first release on their own label, Souvenir. Techno and house still form the foundations, yet Tiefschwarz push themselves beyond their previous limits. They’ve found a new, intrinsic sound of their own that oscillates between numerous genres – at once both clear-cut and immensely intricate. One minute the steady bass drives a dancing rhythm, the next it would have you believe that four to the floor is actually a beat based on a prime number.