Archive for August, 2010
Get ready to step into the 64bit time machine folks, because this ones gonna saddle you up on a nostalgic “Epona-driven” ride through the Land of Hyrule! If you were nerding it out hard like I was in ’98, then you know exactly what I’m talking about. It’s actually produced pretty decently, it’s got some grind that syncs up with tune — but that’s less of the concern here. This one is just too fun! I think I’m going to drop it this weekend simply because of the guaranteed laugh-factor. At least I hope people remembered or played this game? I know I wasted hours questing through far too many ridiculous scenarios; epic battles with the living innards of a giant fish monster, malicious conflicts with rotund mountain monsters, and sand-blasted swordplay with nimble gypsy-folk in forgotten deserts. Strap on the flashback glasses and get ready for Link vs. Dubstep: Crizzly style!
Gotta play a little catch up here. Been falling behind on answering blog e-mails and even digging, so here comes my attempt at a mega post! I’m not going to go into any descriptions of the tracks aside from genres.. probably not very blog-worthy of me, but I’ve got a truckload of design to catch up on before the oncoming wave of textbook mayhem swallows me alive! Yes yes..school is starting tomorrow. Last semester though. Boo yah!
Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh (Killafornia Remix)
Homework – Fissa Tune
Kyle Watson – Speaker Juice Sessions
01. Jacob London – Horses Eat Mostly Grass (Original Mix)
02. Holyboyz – Jazz Box (Original Mix)
03. JHo FM – Funk Bass Energy (Schenk Remix)
04. Kyle Watson – Something Special (Original Mix)
05. Sick Jargon – Just Jack (Hijack Remix)
06. Kyle Watson – Puppies (Original Mix)
07. Campbell – All Aboard (Jeff Doubleu Remix)
08. The Wiseguys – Oohh La La (Kyle Watson Bootleg)
09. SoundDiggers – I’ve Been Down (Robert Boogert’s Up n Down Remix)
10. Kyle Watson – Joopidy (Original Mix)
11. Temple Of Boom – The Definition Of (Kyle Watson Remix)
12. Hijack – Massive (Kyle Watson’s Potato Jack Mash-ive Mix)
13. Eric. P – Paranoid (Supabeatz Remix)
14. Asser – Evil (Holyboyz Remix)
15. Kyle Watson – Speaker Juice (Original Mix)
16. Julien Chaptal – Pump (Original Mix)
17. Tom EQ – Carnival (Jeff Doubleu Circus Remix)
Dirty Pogo (Geoff K + Natasha Alexis): Live Mix
No tracklist for this one yet. I requested one but haven’t heard back. Still worth the download though! I’ve been listening to this all week.
This past weekend I had the pleasure of DJ’ing with a fellow named Ardalan. He currently DJs as a duo with another gentleman under the alias Ardpehr. And why was the experience a pleasure you may ask? Well fellow blog readers, Ardalan Noghre-Kar recently released a track with a certain Justin Martin. This little track, entitled Mr. Spock, was actually in Martin’s past essential mix and is quite the hitter! It was definitely an honor to meet this kid, as I know much is in store for this young producer. I don’t have a promo copy or anything for you, but you can check out this tune care of Pete Tong’s essential tune via soundcloud.
Really great stuff here! Don’t forget this cats name because he’ll be back around with some more fire; I’m sure of it!
And on the lighter side of things, you should check out this podcast series over at WhatPeoplePlay. They hit me up a couple weeks back with news on Wolf + Lamb and I never quite got around to posting, so check that one out too! The website is superbly designed and you shouldn’t hesitate to show ‘em some love! The latest installment comes from Marcel Knopf. Groovy, downtempo, and deep is the name of this mix. Throw this one on at 10AM when you’re posted up behind that computer like I am!
WPP #33: That’s Marcel Knopf
01. Kassian Troyer – Tourist
02. Sascha Funke & Nina Kraviz – Moses (Stimming Rmx)
03. Dan Berkson & James What – Ghost
04. Slam – Positive Education (D´Julz Rmx)
05. Ahmet Sisman – Hey Now
06. Olderic – Monkey Buisness
07. Slam – We Doin this Again?
08. Shlomi Aber- Efrat
09. Mood 2 Swing – Move Me (Alternate Version)
10. Losoul – Up the Beach (Soul Phiction Rmx)
11. The Big Crunch Theory – What To Say (Roman Fluegel Rmx)
12. Marcel Knopf – Perchance to Dream
Got some sick ass Belgians right here, and they be makin’ some of that dirty dirty. They’ve been kind enough to serve up a nice buzz-filled enhancment of Wonk’s Don’t Give Up Disco, and it’ll knock you on your ass. Don’t worry though, it still has some wobbles! Also coming with this little gem today is a fantastic mixtape with big tunes from Filthy Rehab, Calvertron, Malente and more! I don’t really know much about these guys except for that they live in Belgium and make some great music (and they have a sick logo!).
Whizz Kidz – Asickness Mixtape
01. Malente & Jay Robinson – Drop Dead
02. Styrofoam Ones – O.T.T.A.P. (Torro Torro Remix)
03. Calvertron & Nton – Up Down
04. HouseSick – Boogie riddim (Filthy Rehab Remix)
05. Yves Rockers Crew – Up To No Good (Malente & Jay Robinson Remix)
06. Lee Mortimer vs M&S – Bootsoul Nugget
07. Kraymer – Like This (Figure Remix)
08. Mightyfools & Dj Rockid – The Love House
09. AC Slater – Take You (Lee Mortimer Remix)
10. Whizz Kidz – Asick
11. Figure – Dirty Damage
12. Doctor P – Sweet Shop
13. Richard Sjoberg – Random Phatness (Dan Thomas Remix)
14. Young Nutz – Bring Back Acid
15. Kraymer – I Do This Shit (Figure Remix)
16. Haezer – WTFIH (Geht’s Noch Remix)
17. Gtronic – Cameltoe (Mustard Pimp Remix)
18. Rave Our Souls – Rave Battleweapon (Keatch Remix)
19. David Guetta – Jack Is Back
Oh snap! K.I.H.T. is back from the dead, bay area style! On today’s plate we have Young L from the pack out doin’ his thang on this new joint, Young L-E-N. This beat is just ill. It’s got some break-beat dubstep type stagger and some definite electro influence too.
I will say that hyphy has been on point with the addition of electro-type noises into their music for a long time now. It was certainly an element that drew me into the music. Here’s an example:
J-Diggs – The Call Ft. The Thizz Kidz [link is broken temporarily - sorry!]
Just listen to that beat — straight fidget wobbles! And that was circa early 2008. It’s a shame that the movement lost so much steam. Shitty promoters and DJs around the bay ruined it for everyone! 94.9 and 106.1 are laiden with auto-tune and R&B bullshit on the regular. It’s quite unfortunate.
Anyways, the lyrics could use some work, but the video and beat are just redic.
Young L – Young L-E-N (160)
For example the new looping feature that allows you to save loops on the fly and re trigger them later from the loop library. Other features include Jog Wheels, a built in Soundcard, and a Software Update. The new software is only paired with this unit for the moment and will be released later to update other versions. It is scheduled for release this winter priced at about $1000, so start pinching your pennies and drop that old Gemini 2 channel cause’ this bad boy is going to blow the toupe off your uncle Larry like the guy in the ’80s Maxell ad.